Dr. rer. nat. Martin A. Schroer
Nanoparticle Process Technology
Department of Engineering Sciences
University of Duisburg-Essen
Martin A. Schroer studied physics at the TU Dortmund where he obtained his diploma in 2008. In 2011 the received his doctoral degree in natural science for his research on small angle X-ray scattering (SAXS) on proteins under extreme conditions in the group of Prof. Metin Tolan. From 2012 to 2016 he worked as a postdoc in the group of Prof. Gerhard Grübel (coherent X-ray scattering group) at the Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron (DESY, Hamburg) studying soft matter and nanoparticle systems with coherent X-ray (XPCS, XCCA) and light scattering methods.
From 2016 to 2021, he was a postdoc in the BioSAXS group of Dr. Dmitri Svergun at the Hamburg Outstation of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL). Here, he has focusing on the development for (time-resolved) X-ray experiments on biological macromolecules. Moreover, he was directly involved in the operation and development of the BioSAXS beamline P12 operated by the EMBL at the synchrotron radiation facility PETRA III, and supported numerous international user groups from several research fields in the life and material sciences technically and scientifically.
Since 2021, he is a scientist in the NPPT group under the mentorship of Prof. Markus Winterer.
His research interest is the structure, dynamics and kinetics of nanoparticles, soft and biological matter and their interactions employing and developing modern X-ray scattering methods.
- F. Lehmkühler, B. Hankiewicz, M.A. Schroer, L. Müller, B. Ruta, D. Sheyfer, M. Sprung, K. Tono, T. Katayama, M. Yabashi, T. Ishikawa, C. Gutt, G. Grübel. Slowing down of dynamics and orientational order preceeding crystallisation in hard-sphere systems. Sci. Adv. 6, eabc5916 (2020).
- M. A. Schroer, F. Lehmkühler, J. Möller, H. Lange, G. Grübel, F. Schulz. Pressure-Stimulated Supercrystal Formation in Nanoparticle Suspensions. J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 9, 4720-4724 (2018).
- M. A. Schroer, C. Gutt, F. Lehmkühler, B. Fischer, I. Steinke, F. Westermeier, M. Sprung, G. Grübel. Nano-beam X-ray Microscopy of Dried Colloidal Films. Soft Matter 11, 5465-5472 (2014).
- F. Lehmkühler, C. Gutt, B. Fischer, M.A. Schroer, M. Sikorski, S. Song, W. Roseker, J. Glownia, M. Chollet, S. Nelson, K. Tono, T. Katayama, M. Yabashi, T. Ishikawa, A. Robert, G. Grübel. Single Shot Coherence Properties of the Free-Electron LaserSACLA in the Hard X-ray Regime. Sci. Rep. 4, 5234 (2014).
- M. A. Schroer, Y. Zhai, D.C.F. Wieland, Ch.J. Sahle, J. Nase, M. Paulus, M. Tolan, R. Winter. Exploring the Piezophilic Behavior of Natural Cosolvent Mixtures. Ang. Chem. Int. Ed. 50, 11413-11416 (2011).
Full list of publications available via
Web of Science ID: AAA-7660-2020
Google scholar: https://scholar.google.de/citations?user=ZrPug0sAAAAJ&hl=de